Stacey Fay Designs
Vintage Fashion and Jewelry Photoshoot
Brocade, silk, satin, gold, diamonds, enamel...the combination of vintage clothing and jewelry can be intoxicating! We collaborated with photographer Kylene Cleaver of Leave It To Me Photography¬† to pull together an epic styled photoshoot, with a vibrant color story, feminine details, and a modern edge. [caption id="attachment_4757" align="alignnone" width="225"] It all started with the clothing...[/caption] Like any good photoshoot, hair and makeup were key to bring the story to life. ¬†We were lucky enough to partner with Leisa Kanienberg of iMakeupArtistry for vintage inspired makeup, and Lauren Thrailkill from the Velvet Hair Studio¬†for beautiful hair. It was amazing to see them match the hair and makeup so perfectly to the outfits! [caption id="attachment_4755" align="alignleft" width="225"] Lauren of the Velvet Hair Studio preps Diana's hair for major curls[/caption] [caption id="attachment_4756" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Leisa of iMakeupArtistry creates Kathleen's soft makeup look[/caption] Once the hair, makeup, and outfits were ready, it was time for us to style the jewelry. ¬†We created jewelry sets for each look, with jewelry spanning Victorian times through the 1980's. ¬†Our goal was not one set time period, but rather to compliment the colors of the vintage clothing and the personalities of each of the ladies. [caption id="attachment_4759" align="alignleft" width="243"] Lots of bohemian gold pieces were used with Diana's vibrant purple brocade dress[/caption] [caption id="attachment_4760" align="aligncenter" width="225"] Old Victorian and Art Deco jewelry was used for Cynthia's classic green velvet dress and fur cape look.[/caption] Then the time came! ¬†Kylene worked her magic behind the lens, taking incredible photos of each of the models. Cynthia's look was all about soft lines and draping, and a classic style reminiscent of decades past.¬†Cascading waves finished the look, and her cat eye was on point!
- A crushed green velvet halter dress
- 1950's fur cape (that we salvaged!)
- An Art Deco aquamarine ring, Victorian portrait earrings (Stacey's personal collection), Victorian emerald infinity ring (sold) and an Art Deco green jasper ring.
- 1960's purple brocade dress from Malena's Vintage Boutique¬†
- Garnet double snake ring, lion's head ring (sold), a Victorian wedding band worn as a midi ring, 1930's Damascene Spanish earrings, and a stack of bracelets - a 1980's double snake bracelet, vintage enameled gold tone thick bangle, and floral gold filled bangle (sold). ¬†Her ankle bracelet was actually a 1980's gold tone necklace wrapped around itself!
- Vintage green strapless dress
- Retro 1960's orange suede and fur collar coat
- Gold filled bib necklace (email for inquiries), 1940's Chinese enamel bird pin, a funky and amazing gold filled watch ring (Stacey's personal collection), a H. Stern domed sputnik ring, and Italian micro mosaic bracelet (sold).
- 1960's gold brocade sleeveless dress
- Incredible vintage Dolce and Gabbana brocade coat bought many moons ago at Malena's Vintage Boutique
- Statement 1960's gold tone earrings (Kylene's personal collection), Edwardian pearl and diamond sunburst necklace, and gorgeous emerald cocktail ring¬†Kate donned as a pinky ring.
- See-through vintage lace top, with an Edwardian feel
- Coral tiered tulle skirt, which Kylene repurposed from a vintage dress
- Earrings were doubled up, with tourmaline scarab drops paired with vintage opal gold filled studs (not yet listed - email for inquiries). Bracelets were stacked, with costume jewelry paired with fine jewelry - a half carat gold diamond hinged bangle, antique hinged¬†opal bangle, and brass and purple glass bracelet. One lone ring made it into the mix - a stunning Victorian garnet ring (Stacey's personal collection).